MSIII's receive an operations order during a STX Lab of Fall 2013.
Training opportunities for Cadets in the Nittany Lion Battalion include the following:
Physical Training (PT) three times per week
Leadership Laboratories on Thursdays from 1600 to 1800
Military balls, known as the Dining In and Dining Out
One Field Training Exercise (FTX) per semester
Additionally, all Cadets attend the Leadership Development and Assessment Course (LDAC) at Fort Knox, KY between their Junior and Senior years of college. Some Cadets attend the Leader's Training Course (LTC) at Fort Knox, KY based upon their academic standing when they decide to enter or try the Army ROTC program.
Additional optional training opportunities provided to cadets based upon merit include:
- The Basic Airborne Course at Fort Benning, GA (Airborne School)
- Cadet Troop Leader Training at various posts around the world
- The Air Assault Course at Fort Campbell, KY
- The Mountain Warfare Course at Ethan Allen Firing Range in Jericho, VT
- Cadet Field Training (CFT), held by the United States Military Academy at West Point, NY
- Cultural Understanding and Language Proficiency (CULP) Program