Campus Based Scholarships (2-4 year)
Campus based scholarships are offered to students who were not offered or did not apply for the High School ROTC Scholarship or Green to Gold program. These scholarships are extremely limited and may range in length from 2-4 years. Scholarships pay for full tuition and mandatory fees, for both resident and non-resident students. Scholarship awardees also receive a book allowance and a tax-free monthly stipend to defray the cost of living. Applications can be submitted year round to the Department of Military Science at MSU.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must not reach 27 years of age by June 30 of the year you will graduate from college
- If you are taking or have taken college courses you must be considered an academic sophomore for the 3-Year and an academic junior for the 2-year Scholarship, and have the same number of years remaining for a baccalaureate degree upon enrollment
- Have a minimum college GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Satisfactory explain any record of arrest and/or civil conviction
- Have no moral or personal conviction against bearing arms or supporting and defending the Constitution of the United States
Those applicants advancing to further scholarship consideration are scheduled for a medical examination and a personal interview. See above.
If you are selected for a ROTC Scholarship, you are required to:
- Sign a contract with the Secretary of the Army.
- Attend a 5-week Leadership Development and Assessment Course (AKA Warrior Forge) between your Junior and Senior Year.
- Accept a Commission to serve on Army active duty, National Guard, or Army Reserves upon degree completion.
- Serve in the military for a period of 8 years. This may be fulfilled by one of the following:
- Serving active duty, if selected, for 4 years followed by 4 years of service in the Inactive Ready Reserve(IRR)/National Guard/Army Reserves. You may elect to serve 8 years or longer on active duty, but only the first 4 are required. Terms of obligation begin at the time of commissioning.
- Serve 8 years in the National Guard/Army Reserves,that includes a 3-6 month active duty term for initial training. Terms of obligation begin at time of commissioning.
You attend school in hopes of one day attaining the all-important college degree. But do you ever find yourself thirsting for more? Are you seeking additional challenges? Do you have other aspirations? Are you among the upper echelon – the elite – the select few that have the ability and drive to become leaders? Examples of others who have chosen this very path are all around you. They are your peers. They are Army ROTC Cadets – and you can join the by attending the Leader’s Training Course (LTC).
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal U.S. resident.
- Be between 17 and 30 years old.
- Be enrolled in college full time in pursuit of a baccalaureate or advanced degree and have at least two years of school remaining or be sponsored to attend LTC by a military junior college (MJC)
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (MJC students must also have a minimum ACT score of 17 or SAT score of 850).
- Meet military medical qualification standards.
- Have no civil convictions (unless waiver is approved).
- Have no more than three dependents (unless waiver is approved).