Penn State Army ROTC

Ways To Attend

Start Strong in life – enroll in Army Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC), the college elective for undergraduate and graduate students that provides unrivalled leadership training for success in any career field. If you have a passion for it, you can find a place to fit in the Army as an officer and get the training you need to turn that passion into a career.

Available at over 1,100 colleges and universities nationwide, it offers merit-based scholarships that can pay up to the full cost of tuition and open educational opportunities.

Whether you’re in high school, college or already in the Army, you can become an officer in today’s Army through ROTC.

High School Students

If you’re a high school junior or senior and are interested in enrolling in Army ROTC, you can find more than 1,100 colleges and universities that carry an Army ROTC program or talk to your academic advisor.

College Students

If you’re interested in enrolling in Army ROTC and you are in college, you can start by talking to the Army ROTC Enrollment Officer on your campus about taking the Army ROTC basic elective course and about the incentives available, including opportunities to compete for two-, three-, or four-year scholarships.

Junior College and Graduate Students

If you have two years remaining in junior college or graduate school, you are still eligible to enroll in Army ROTC. Talk to the Army ROTC Enrollment Officer on your campus.

Enlisted Soldiers

If you are an enlisted Soldier in the Army and interested in becoming an officer, find out more about opportunities for Soldiers.

Simultaneous Membership Program

The Simultaneous Membership Program allows you to attend Army ROTC and serve in the U.S. Army Reserve or Army National Guard at the same time. It gives you an opportunity for additional training and experience. Cadets serve as officer trainees in the Army Reserve or National Guard while completing college. You can earn Army Reserve/National Guard pay and benefits in addition to your Army ROTC allowances.